Sweater Talk

3:44 AM Unknown 1 Comments



  Let’s take a break from my travel outfits and focus our attention on one clothing piece that I have grown to love just recently: pullover sweaters.   

 Correct me on this, but I seem to remember a time when sweaters, especially knitted pullover sweaters, were dorky and everyone was advised to stay out of it lest you get teased. Personally, I was advised (by myself) to keep at least a 10mile distance away from it. HAHA! And I did…for a time, that is, until recently.  




  For some reason, the law of fashion had shifted, and sweaters were given a proper place in the men’s fashion world. Since then, it has snaked itself through many guy’s wardrobe, and has placed itself as a player in many “style”- be it the preppy look, the laid-back, etc. Just recently, it has even made its way into street fashion. Now looking back, I don’t even know why I hated them. I ransacked my parents’ wardrobe and salvaged tons of sweaters I remember hating on them but have grown to love now. Had I started buying and collecting them all those years back, they’d be novelty by now.  


What I'm Wearing: Baseball Cap (H&M), Tokyo Sweater (H&M), Jogger Pants (21 Men), Sneakers (River Island)


 This knitted pullover sweater is a good example of how sweaters had made its way into street fashion. It represents what all good sweaters should be to stay relevant in the street style industry- fresh without being odd, fun without being goofy, and loud without being tacky. I paired this particular sweater with jogger pants and sneakers to maximize that street-look effect. Maybe this is just men, but I also felt like it has a bit of that Korean flare despite the city written on it hence I paired it with some black rimmed glasses that Koreans seem to love.   



  Tell me your thoughts on this outfit on the comment box below. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving ideas for how to choose men clothes.It is hard to find the budget and fashion clothes for men.I found you are good at discovering fashion.I found the Gearbest men clothes is fashion and its price is good.What is your idea?

    ReplyDelete