80s Vibe

4:33 AM Unknown 2 Comments


  Let’s have a throwback, shall we?

  Last week, I attended an 80s themed event and didn’t know exactly what to wear. It was a little short notice & with little time to prepare, I’m afraid I quite got the wrong outfit for it. I don’t normally come dowdy but that was one instance that I probably did. So for my sake, don’t ask me to share any outfit photos here HAHAHA! 

 But since then, I made a few research on what the guys wore on the 80s and though the picture still isn’t quite perfectly clear to me, I think I’m getting the idea. So I thought I'd be fun to try again-with this newly styled outfit, that is. Though, it’s  disappointing that I don’t have another 80s themed party lined up for my calendar.





  Again, I won't pretend like I know much of fashion of this era but I must say, the more I get to know of it, the more I enjoy it. For one thing, I think the 80s attire paved the way for today's modern street style. And for another, it's just so damn cool.

 Unlike today's men's fashion, which can be more chic and reserved, 80s fashion is about being as bold as you can get with no apparent limit whatsoever. 

  Much like today's fashion, however, I don't think there's any single style that can define 80s fashion the way the "hippie look" defines the 60s. In the 80s, there's that Sweaters-Tied-Around-The-Neck look, the hip-hop getup, the Lacoste-Head-To-Toe fashion, and so on. For this post, however, I decided to go that oversized, acid-wash, ripped denim route. A friend told me it's giving off that Madonna-vibes if Madonna was a guy.

 Anyway, comment your thoughts on this look down below :)




2 comments: