Fashion X Music

3:50 AM Unknown 2 Comments


 If there are two two things that I've always been a fan of, they have to be fashion and music. Thus, a statement made by Malcom McLaren, the man who introduced to the world the legendary designer, Vivienne Westwood, has always been stuck in my head. "Fashion and music – music and fashion – are the expressions of the same needs,” a statement that I fully agree on. It is, therefore, no wonder that fashion and music have always cross-pollinated in pushing the boundaries of each field, even culture itself. This is evident in things like the rise of icons, to the littlest things like the subtle incorporation of one into the other.




What I'm Wearing: Beanie (H&M), Leather Jacket (Bershka), Button-down (H&M), Jeans (Zara), Studded Shoes (Doc Martens)

 Thus, this leather jacket from Bershka is one that I consider a personal favourite- the subtle marriage of style and music in the design created a piece that is both fresh and timeless. Wearing it made me feel like I just wanted to walk the runway to the alternating tunes of rock, reggae, indie, hiphop, edm...and every other type of music.


  In my own little way, I have tried to marry style with music, though very subtle it may be. In the photos, you could see me pose in a way that indicates movement, as if I'm trying to dance to the tune of something. It's not much, I know..but it's that I was able to do. Teehee :)) 





2 comments:

  1. "I have tried to marry style with music" Loved it.

    I want the jacket so bad. Of which season is ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo wassup man!
    Want to ask you, where did you get bershka's printed bomber? I want it so bad, can you reply please?

    ReplyDelete