Day 2 In DC

3:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments


  Hey, all! How has it been? As promised, here’s part two (day 2) of my DC trip. But if you haven’t read the part 1/day 1 yet (which is a mistake), you may view it by clicking on this link     

  Anyway, day 2 of our DC trip was surprisingly cold. It, being on the start of summer, I thought I’d be forced to wear tank tops and the usual attire you’d expect to wear on a usual summer day. But such was not the case, as you can see- me wearing leather and all, clad in black. Thank god I was prepared; well, I had to be since I blog fashion and stuff. But more on my outfit later.   


  First, let’s talk about my day 2. Hmm..day 2. What can I say? It was just all about the usual city tour and whatnot. Very tourist-y, I know. Had it been my way, though, I would have avoided the city tours (just for a day) and instead explore the non-touristy sites in Washington. Maybe a coffee shop only a few know about, or a bar behind an alley, or maybe even go on a hike. I don’t know what and where these non-touristy areas are but I know they exist and DC surely has some, maybe even a lot of them. But alas, I was touring with my family and they’re the most tourist-y of tourists you can prolly meet. HAHA! Still, it was fun.   




Going around the city, I realized the magic behind DC. As I mentioned on my previous post, DC has successfully combined the charms of both the North and the South. I like that. You can live the city life with the suburban feel. 



  Having been born and raised in the metro, I’m used to crowded areas, and that hectic, fast-paced life. I’m not sure if Washington is all these too, and I just didn’t realize it because I’m not living in it. But based on my experiences with it so far, it wasn’t like that at all. Well, maybe just a bit but not what one would expect on a capital city. For while DC may be a city, it also exudes the charms of a suburb- that relaxed, worry-free feel. Case in point, a guy in a suit biking to god-knows-where. A park in the middle of the city full of skater dudes. A coffee shop full of hipsters reading a good novel, and not giving an eff about life. These are not something you’d see in every metropolis. And for these reasons alone, I have fell in love with a city.  




What I'm Wearing: Leather Jacket (Zara), Shirt (H&M), Jeans (Topman), Sneakers (Bershka)

  Moving on to my attire, as I mentioned, I wasn’t expecting for a cool weather. I was prepared with backup outfits to my shirts and tank tops but not much. Good thing I brought this very trusted leather jacket. I had long since realized that it’s always advisable to pack one just in case. Case in point, this surprise of a weather. Anyway, you could pair it with pants or with shorts, and you’d still look good. For this particular outfit, though, I wanted to bring more of that street, highsnobiety look (for a lack of better term to describe my idea) into it but the leather jacket wasn’t making it very easy  (this is one reservation I have against leather jackets) Thus, the baseball cap. Truly, accessorizing is key. 


0 comments: