Dressed For Summer

5:15 AM Unknown 0 Comments



  Given my love for layering, no other season posts greater challenge to my style than that of the hottest part of the year. Such challenge is multiplied tenfold by this year’s summer as heat index reaches up to 40+°C (104+°F) in my city, with reports of the maximum heat index touching a dangerous 51°C (123.8°F) in other parts of the country. This, clearly, was the result of the Philippines suffering from that El Nino phenomenon.   

   Hence, the challenge is this: To Be Fashionable Without The Layering. While such idea daunted me before, I have learned in recent years to just have fun with it. As a result, I got to continue learning how to style while keeping my friendship with fashion. 




What I'm Wearing: Swim Shorts (Topman), Flip-Flops (American Eagle Outfitters)

   Devoid of the option to layer, I directed my styling to colour coordination and accessorising. For this particular get-up, while I chose the easiest, most go-to summer staples: a simple tank top paired with swim shorts, I tried to add a touch of that hippie, Coachella-vibe, albeit a small dose, through accessorising it with a bandana and a necklace. Boy, did it do magic! Also, I kept the outfit both fresh and playful by letting the reds to pop by partnering it with white.





0 comments: