40 Degrees of Style

4:32 AM Unknown 0 Comments


  Nothing says summer time here in the Philippines than having a temperature close to 40°C. I mean, seriously, that has to be high fever level, right? (Once as I kid, I remember being rushed to the hospital for having a body temp of 40°C. Just. Sharing.) But while I can't stand the heat of summer, I welcome the idea of having nothing else to do but lie on the beach with open arms. And though I'm a fan of layered attires, I'm equally excited to see what attire I can come up with this season to walk the shores of some faraway beach. If know me, you know that I'm not a big fan of tank tops and shorts but whatevs, it only makes the challenge more exciting.

  After digging in the back of my closet, here's one summer attire that I have come up with for my recent trip not so far away from the city. I must say, styling for summer can be a bit tricky. For one thing, you don't want to be dull. Hence, I personally avoid dark or earth-tone colours (despite the fact that I love them) and, instead, wear clothes that are a bit brighter and livelier than I'm used to. But on the other, you don't want it loud that it might come across as cheap. There's no single formula to avoid this; the rules on fashion isn't set in stones. It's ever changing, not at all clear, and not very exhaustive. So maybe, I could just discuss the trick per post (?)




What I'm Wearing: Tank Top (Fef Clothing), Button-down (American Eagle), Walking Shorts (H&M), Flip Flops (American Eagle)

  In this attire, I opted for a combo of powder blue tank top and walking shorts, and paired it with an orange flip flops. To be honest though, I had to think twice about this attire. While I immediately thought it was eye-popping, having the exact colour for the top and bottom was a bit risky. Black on black, or white on white is fine; they're tried and tested, but do it with any other colour, and you risk the danger of looking tacky. So for this attire, I guess the trick was in the accessories, and the flip flops. For me, the bandana and the necklace added a bit of Coachella vibes to the get-up, bringing the look to the next level, while the orange flip flops added some depth to it (I was afraid I'd look like someone from a Max Candy Commercial. LOL)

Anyway, comment your thoughts down below.




0 comments: