I Got a Hole In 1: How To Wear Green

12:45 PM Unknown 0 Comments


 On an article by independent.co.uk entitled Fashion: The best-dressed men are going green - in all shades - this season, it was observed that from different designer brands-that is, "from Burberry Prorsum to Alexander McQueen, there's a veritable garden of verdant greens this season from which to refresh your wardrobe"  

 I'm not sure if the same can be said in the Philippines though. I mean, I'm not really seeing much green on display or on fashion shows. But knowing the trend, i'm pretty sure we'll follow suit.   

  True enough, I have recently seen one or two guys sporting an all-green attire but I don't think I (nor majority of the guys, I assume) have the guts to pull such a style without looking like a leprechaun (if you're one of the brave few, cheers to you and go ahead. To each their own, I always say). Thus, one question springs up to mind. How do we style green?  




What I'm Wearing: Snapback (Bershka), Green Golf Jacket (H&M), Button-down (H&M), Jeans (H&M), Boots (Harley Davidson)

  Personally, i don't think green is my colour so I tend to play safe when it comes to wearing it. If you feel the same thing, my best advice, therefore, is to mix it with neutral colors such as brown, black, white and denim blues. These colours can generally be paired with any other colour, including green.  

 But if you're a bit more playful with colours, here's what I think is best paired with green. As complements, red and green really fits well together. Myclothinghelper.com, on its article, explained it best, saying "green—a mix of blue and yellow—is the complement of red because red is the missing primary color that was not used in creating green.  When you consider the bloodline of green and red, all three primary colors are found. In this sense, green visually completes red, ergo, it is the complement of red."Personally though, i don't think I'd mix red with green because it reminds me a lot of Christmas. If it's indeed a holiday/christmas season, then maybe I could give it a try otherwise, nope. A big nope. But go ahead if you wish to such combination. After-all, they should go really well in theory.  

 If that's not your style, try any of these colours. Using the color wheel, in theory, the following should also go well with green: a) blue green or yellow green as colors directly next to it or b) orange-yellow or blue-violet as colours that form 90 degree angle with green.  Thoughts? Hit me up for other suggestions or comment down below :)







0 comments: