Whiteout X Lookbook

8:07 AM Unknown 2 Comments


  "Wearing all-white outfits after Labor Day used to be a major faux-pas, but of course, rules are always meant to be broken in fashion"-Lookbook 

  Indeed, I agree. Wearing an all-white ensemble is one of the hottest trends right now; there's nothing embarrassing about it. Thus, to show my love for the style, here's my entry for lookbook's whiteout contest. 



What I'm Wearing: Baseball Cap (H&M), Long Tee (Bench), Jacket (Zara), White Chino (H&M)

   To say more about the all-white ensemble, let me share a conversation I had with a friend. It was only a week ago when a friend ask me if a guy could ever get away or pull off a head-to-toe white get-up. I asked him what he meant by "get away", and he said that by such words, he meant, without looking feminine (not that there's anything wrong with it, mind you). I laughed, and I explained that wearing all white, believe it or not, can actually be seductive-to some others, that is. It could paint a picture of that ice-cool boat owners, lounging on a deck of a yacht, sipping champagne and smoking cigars. It could paint a picture of a gentleman driving a rolls royce on a Sunday morning. Or if you want to go modern, it could paint a picture of a modern Asian star that's seemingly popular these days, etc. It's the Great Gatsby or the "insert our favourite Asian star here". Yup, it's that diverse. The point is, an all-white ensemble can paint pictures and personas that is admired by so many people. Thus, to answer the question--yes, a guy could get away with an all-white ensemble.


2 comments: